Biography of Adrian Rogers
Adrian Rogers Biography
Adrian Rogers Biography – Adrian Rogers was an American Baptist pastor and author. He was born on September 12, 1931, and went to be with the Lord on November 15, 2005. He was a Southern Baptist Convention president for three terms.
He was born in West Palm Beach, Florida. He was called to ministry at the age of 19. Rogers graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Stetson University in DeLand, Florida in 19544. In 1958, he obtained a Bachelor of Divinity from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Roger’s first office as a senior pastor was at Fellsmere Baptist Church, it wasn’t a big congregation located at Fellsmere, Florida. While he was preaching on the radio with a sermon titled “The Final Judgement”, he referred to a radio program he hosted in the year 1950s titled “Day Break”.
Between 1964 and 1972, he was the senior pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Merritt Island, Florida. He became the senior pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, Tennessee in 1972 and the ministry experienced exponential growth during this period from 9,000 members to 29,000 members. This growth made the church move to a megachurch facility and he retired in March 2005 and was named pastor emeritus.
He has published several books and the following are some of his selected works:
- Believe in Miracles but Trust in Jesus
- Mastering Your Emotions
- God’s Way to Health, Wealth and Wisdom
- The Power of His Presence
- Ten Secrets for a Successful Family
- Unveiling the End Times in Our Time
- The Incredible Power of Kingdom Authority
- What Every Christian Ought to Know
- Standing for Light and Truth
- Adrianisms (posthumous collection of quotes)
- Grace for the Widow (posthumous collection of unpublished material in appendix; the book is written by his wife Joyce, to be published January 2009)
Rogers contracted pneumonia of both lungs in November as a complication of colon cancer treatments in November 2005 and died at the age of 74.