Biography of Jesse Duplantis
Jesse Duplantis Biography
Jesse Duplantis Biography – Jesse Duplantis is an American preacher born on July 9, 1949. He is from the Christian Evangelical Charismatic movement. Duplantis is the founder of Jesse Duplantis Ministries based in New Orleans, Louisiana, the United States.
He is known as a preacher of the prosperity movement. Duplantis was on the Board of Regents at Oral Roberts University. The university awarded him an honorary doctorate and he was on the board with his fellow regent, Creflo Dollar until late 2007 before they both resigned alongside the President of the University Richard Roberts.
According to the statement he released, “the demands of ministry have made it increasingly difficult to continue to effectively serve.”
Kenneth Copelan and Benny Hinn who were other members of the board were swept away over the following weeks after the University accepted a donation of $70 million with a condition it launch “a new era of transparent governance and accountability.”
Awards and Recognition
He was awarded an honorary Doctorate of Divinity degree from Oral Roberts University in 1999 for his “many years of effectively sharing God’s message of salvation through Jesus Christ to the world”.
Books By Him
- Ministry of Cheerfulness. Tulsa, Oklahoma: Harrison House. 1994.
- Heaven: Close Encounters of the God Kind. Tulsa, Oklahoma: Harrison House. 1996.
- Breaking the Power of Natural Law: Finding Freedom in the Presence of God. Tulsa, Oklahoma: Harrison House. 1999.
- Jambalaya for the Soul. Tulsa, Oklahoma: Harrison House. 2000.
- God Is Not Enough, He’s Too Much!. Tulsa, Oklahoma: Harrison House. 2001.
- Wanting a God You Can Talk to. Tulsa, Oklahoma: Harrison House. 2001.
- One More Night with the Frogs. Louisiana: Jesse Duplantis Ministries. 2003.
- What in Hell Do You Want. Louisiana: Jesse Duplantis Ministries. 2003.
- The Battle of Life. Jesse Duplantis Ministries. 2003.
- The Everyday Visionary. Touchstone. 2008.
- Why Isn’t My Giving Working?: The Four Types of Giving. Jesse Duplantis Ministries
He was married to Cathy Duplantis in 1970.