Biography of Alistair Begg
Alistair Begg Biography
Alistair Begg Biography – Alistair Begg is the Senior Pastor of Cleveland’s Parkside Church and has held the position since 1983. He was born on May 22, 1952. His church is located in Bainbridge Township, Geauga County, Ohio. Begg is the teacher of the “Truth for Life” radio program which broadcasts his teachings daily to broadcasting stations throughout North America.
He is also an excellent author with several books to his name.
He was born on May 22, 1952 in Glasgow, Scotland. He lost his mother on November 2, 1972, and he wrote about what happened “More spiritual progress is made through failure and tears than success and laughter.” Alistair Begg finished from the London School of Theology in 1975. After that, he served in Scotland at Charlotte Chapel in Edinburgh and Hamilton Baptist Church in Lanarkshire for eight years. He received an education at Trent University and Westminster Theological Seminary as well.
Alistair Begg has been serving as the senior pastor of Parkside Church, Cleveland, Ohio, since 1983. His circle of influence is but not limited to Martyn Lloyd-Jones, John Slott, Derek Prime, Eric Alexander, Sinclair Ferguson, Dick Lucas, Eric Liddell, and so on.
He received an honorary award as Doctor of Divinity from Westminster Theological Seminary on May 28, 2009. He also received the same degree from both Grove City College in May 2015 and from Cedarville University. Begg started studying for a DMin in the 1980s but couldn’t complete the degree.
He has a strong belief in the inerrancy and supremacy of Scripture and in the saving power of Christ Jesus alone.
He has written quite a number of books and they are as follows:
- What Angels Wish They Knew: The Basics of True Christianity, Moody Publishers (1999)
- Preaching for God’s Glory (2000)
- Pathway to Freedom: How God’s Laws Guide Our Lives, Crossway Books (2000)
- The Hand of God: Finding His Care in All Circumstances, Moody Publishers (2001)
- On Being a Pastor: Understanding Our Calling and Work, (with Derek Prime) Moody Publishers (2004)
- Made for His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith, Moody Publishers (2005)
- Christmas Playlist: Four songs that bring you to the heart of Christmas, The Good Book Company (2016)
- Name Above All Names, (with Sinclair Ferguson) Crossway Books (2018)
- Pray Big, The Good Book Company (2019)
- Brave By Faith, The Good Book Company (May, 2021)
- Truth For Life: 365 Daily Devotions, Volume 1, The Good Book Company (November, 2021)
- Truth For Life: 365 Daily Devotions, Volume 2, The Good Book Company (October 2022)
He is married to Susan since 1975. They have three children who are married and have eight grandchildren.