Biography Of Pastor Enoch Adeboye
Pastor E. A. Adeboye Biography
Biography Of Pastor Enoch Adeboye
PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE BIOGRAPHY
Pastor E. A. Adeboye Biography – Enoch Adejare Adeboye is a Nigerian Pastor known worldwide and was born on the 2nd of March, 1942. Pastor Adeboye is the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God with branches in almost every continent known to man.
EARLY LIFE AND BACKGROUND
Pastor Enoch Adeboye was born in Ifewara a neighbouring town to Ile Ife in what was known as the Southern Region, British Nigeria. Adeboye was never born with a silver spoon but it is evident now that he changed the narratives of the family.
He started his early education at Ilesha Grammar School, Ilesha Osun State in the year 1956. After finishing Secondary School, he proceeded to the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), Nsukka but couldn’t finish it because of the Nigeria Civil War. Adeboye completed his first degree at the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife) in the year 1967 with honours in Mathematics.
Adeboyw went to the University of Lagos to obtain a Master’s degree in Hydrodynamics in 1969. He proceeded to obtain a Doctorate degree in Applied Mathematics from the same University.
Pastor Enoch Adeboye started written history when he joined the Redeemed Christian Church of God in 1973 and he served for some time as an interpreter until he was ordained as a pastor in the church in 1975 by Pa. Josiah Akindayomi. Eleven years after joining the church, Pastor Enoch Adeboye became the General Overseer of the church in the year 1982. He was running the position part-time because he was a lecturer at the University of Ilorin and he later left the position of lecturing to focus on ministry full-time.
Even though the Redeemed Church of God has been in existence for some time, it was not well known before Pastor Enoch Adeboye became the General Overseer. The church has branches in almost 198 nations as of March 2017 with over 14,000,000 worshippers in Nigeria alone. According to him, he aimed to put the church within five minutes of walking distance in rural areas and five minutes of driving distance in urban areas.
According to Pastor Enoch Adeboye, “Pentecostals have such an impact because they talk of the here and now, not just the by and by… while we have to worry about heaven, there are some things God could do for us in the here and now.” – so he is considered a preacher of the prosperity gospel.
Pastor Adeboye resigned as General Overseer in 2017 due to governmental policies that hinder non-profit leadership to 20 years of service and less than 70 years of age.
When he celebrated his 80th birthday in 2022, Pastor Adeboye’s foundation gave out eight dialysis machines to Wuse District Hospital, alongside a reverse osmosis medical water purification system and an electrical generator.
BOOKS BY HIM
Pastor Adeboye has written several books and some of which include the following;
- Open Heavens Daily Devotional
- Lessons from the Sower
- Christian Moderator
- Deadly Enemy of Man
- Divine Favour
- Kingdom Prosperity
- Fruits of the Spirit
- God of Wonders
- God’s Remembrance and Deliverance
- Prevailing Prayers
- The Wonder Working God
- Mathematics & Greatness
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Received honorary citizenship and key of Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA – 1999.
- Dedicated the first chapel in the Nigerian Presidential Villa, Abuja, Nigeria – 2000.
- Received the key to the city of Detroit, Michigan – 2002.
- Received honorary citizenship and key of Dallas, Texas, USA – 2005.
- Received honorary citizenship and key of Baltimore, Maryland, United States – 2005.
- Awarded a National Honor (Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) – 2008.
- Led the Pre-Summit Prayers at the 64th General Assembly of the United Nations (NewYork) – 2009.
- Named one of The World’s Fifty Most Powerful People by Newsweek Magazine (USA) – 2009.
- Awarded honorary doctorate degree – University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria – 2009.
- Awarded honorary doctorate degree – University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria – 2009.
- Awarded honorary doctorate degree in Theology – Canada Christian College, Canada – 2009.
- Awarded a National Sports Honor (Spiritual Pillar of Nigerian Sports) – 2010.
- Chaired United Nations Global Summit on the Road Map to a Culture of Peace in the Middle East – 2011.
- Awarded honorary doctorate degree – University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria – 2011.
- Received award as the Best/Most Profitable Icon/Personality in Nigeria – 2011.
- Awarded National Honour – (CON) Commander of the Order of the Niger – 2014.
- Awarded Honorary Doctor of Science – University of Lagos – 2015.
- Certificate of Recognition – The Congress of The United States of America – 2015.
- Presidential Merit Award – The Nigerian Society of Engineers – 2015.
- Cited as one of the Top 100 most influential Africans – New African Magazine – 2019.
RELATIONSHIP AND MARITAL STATUS
He got married to Pastor Mrs. Foluke Adeboye on 17th December 1967 the same year he finished his first degree. The couple is blessed with four children namely: Pastor Dare Adeboye, Pastor Oluwagbemileke Adeboye, Pastor Adeolu Adeboye, and Bolu Adubi – Three sons and one daughter. They also have many grand and great-grandchildren children. In May 2021, Pastor Adeboye’s son (Pastor Dare Adeboye) went to be with the Lord.
He is estimated to be between $80 million and $110 million as of this post.
LESSONS FROM HIS LIFE
Pastor Adeboye’s Biography shows us that we should not despise the days of little beginnings. The little we think we have can be turned into nations if we are being faithful with it. God is at work, stay with him. Shalom!