JASON CRABB BIOGRAPHY, MINISTRY, NET WORTH, & LESSONS FROM HIS LIFE
JASON CRABB BIOGRAPHY
Jason Douglas Crabb is a Gospel music minister and songwriter. He is the lead vocalist for the group The Crabb Family. He was voted as the “Favorite Male Vocalist” at the opening Harmony Honors Awards and “Favorite Young Artist” at the 2000 Singing News Fan Awards.
He worked largely with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir as a soloist and he has won many major awards during his career. In 2004, he won the 2004 Gospel Music Male Vocalist of the Year.
EARLY LIFE AND BACKGROUND
He was born on the 3rd of March, 1977 at Beaver Dam, Kentucky, U.S.
In 2007, The Crabb Family group retired to go their separate ways. And as a solo artist, Jason signed with Spring Hill Music Group.
He released a debut solo album on the 30th of June 2009 and was ranked No. 62 on the Billboard 200, ranked No. 2 on the Billboard Christian albums chart, and ranked No. 1 on Nielsen SoundScan’s Southern Gospel albums chart.
The album won him the 2010 Grammy award for Best Southern/Country/Bluegrass Gospel Album and was also nominated for a Dove Award for Country Album of the Year at the 41st GMA Dove Awards.
He drooped the second song on the 28th of September 2010 titled “Because It’s Christmas” via Spring Hill Music Group.
The family came together in 2011 to record a new album alongside a concert tour.
Jason was aired on Fox News Channel with anchor Kelly Wright for a special segment tagged “Beyond The Dream”. He teamed up with Sandi Patty for A Christmas Celebration Tour in December 2012.
On the 12th of March 2013, he dropped his next project titled “Love Is Stronger” and it was produced by Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts), Ed Cash, and Wayne Haun. The project featured Kari Jobe.
He was signed to Provident Label Group, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. He dropped his first studio album titled “Whatever The Road” on the 18th of September 2015.
SONGS BY HIM
- 2015: Through the Fire: The Best of Jason Crabb
Appearances on other albums
- 2000: Testament, Talley Trio; “Searchin'”
- 2003: Roads That I’ve Traveled, Gerald Crabb; “Through the Fire”
- 2004: Hymns from My Heart, Delores Winans; “Oh, I Want to See Him”
- 2005: I’m Amazed…Live, Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir; “I’m Amazed”
- 2005: Torch: A Live Celebration of Southern Gospel’s Next Generation, various artists; “Midnight Cry”
- 2006: Bless the Broken Road: The Duets Album, Selah; “Ain’t No Grave”
- 2006: Look at Me Now, Wess Morgan; “He Stepped In”
- 2006: Remembering The Greats, various artists; “The Lighthouse”
- 2009: Glory Revealed II, Dixie Melody Boys; “God Will Hear Your Prayer”
- 2010: Better Day, Gaither Vocal Band; “Somebody Like Me”, “Daystar (Shine Down on Me)”
- 2011: The Call Is Still The Same, Gaither Vocal Band; “Somebody Like Me”, “Daystar (Shine Down on Me)”
- 2012: Working on a Building, various artists; “On The Other Side”, “All Hail The Power”
- 2013: Like Father, Like Son, James and Jeff Easter; “I’ve Got No Rocks to Throw” with father Gerald Crabb
- 2014: Ready to Fly, Jamie Grace; “Fighter (Acoustic)”
- 2014: Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas [Soundtrack]; “Let Us Adore”
- 2015: Forever Changed, Graham Brown; “Soul Talk”, “People Get Ready”
- 2015: Help 2.0, Erica Campbell; “I’m a Fan”
- 2011: The Song Lives OnLive
Gaither Homecoming video solo performances
- 2001: What A Time!; “Please Forgive Me” (Crabb Family)
- 2001: Journey to the Sky; “Because I Love Him”
- 2002: New Orleans Homecoming; “Through the Fire” (Crabb Family)
- 2004: We Will Stand; “Until I Found the Lord”
- 2007: How Great Thou Art; “I’d Rather Have Jesus” (Crabb Family)
- 2008: Country Bluegrass Homecoming 1; “I Sure Miss You”
- 2008: Rock of Ages; “The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power”
- 2010: Count Your Blessings; “Ellsworth”, “Please Forgive Me”
- 2011: Tent Revival Homecoming; “Take My Hand, Precious Lord”
- 2011: Old Rugged Cross; “Sometimes I Cry”
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Best Southern/Country/Bluegrass Gospel Album (2010) – won
- Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Christian Music Album (2016) – Nominated
- Best Roots Gospel Album (2019) – won
- GMA Dove Awards (2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
MARITAL AND RELATIONSHIP STATUS
He is married to Shellye and the couple is blessed with two daughters namely – Ashleigh Taylor and Emmaleigh Love.
He is estimated to be around $6 million as of this post.
LESSONS FROM HIS LIFE
One of the greatest lessons every believer should learn from his life is to have God do things His way. Whatever He has called you to do, He will make a room for you there. God bless you. Shalom!