KAREN KINGSBURY BIOGRAPHY, MINISTRY, NET WORTH, & LESSONS FROM HER LIFE
Karen Kingsbury Biography – Karen Kingsbury is an American Christian novelist born on June 8, 1963, in Fairfax, Virginia. Karen was a sports writer for the Los Angeles Times and also for the Los Angeles Daily News. She is the author “Missy’s Murder” (1991), which happened to be her first book. The book was based on a real murder story she covered in Los Angeles.
She has authored or co-authored more than 100 novels or short stories and by the year 2008, she has close to 13 million copies of her novels published. Most of the novels are now turned into movies by The Hallmark Channel.
She is an excellent public speaker and gets to reach more than 100,000 people per year via national events.
EARLY LIFE AND BACKGROUND
Karen was born to the family of Ted and Anne Kingsbury as the oldest of five children. The family is constantly on the move due to the nature of the father’s job with IBM, they finally settle down in the San Fernando Valley.
In 1986, Karen finished a degree in Journalism from California State University Northridge. After the degree, she worked as a sports writer with the Los Angeles Times and also reported on the crime beat.
Alongside Karen Kingsbury, Liberty University declared in November 2017 the opening of the Karen Kingsbury Center for Creative Writing as one of its College of Arts and Sciences – a place where students can get a minor in Creative Writing. She also teaches many of the courses both onsite at Liberty and online.
She started eating healthy food and removing sugar from her diet due to the death of her father via complications from diabetes. This resulted in loss of 70 pounds between January and November 2007.
BOOKS BY HER
She has authored and co-authored many books, some of which are:
- A Moment Of Weakness – Karen Kingsbury
- A Thousand Tomorrows, Just Beyond The Clouds – Karen Kingsbury
- A Time To Dance & A Time To Embrace – Karen Kingsbury
- Beyond Tuesday Morning – Karen Kingsbury
- Coming Home – Karen Kingsbury
- Ever After – Karen Kingsbury
- Fame – Karen Kingsbury
- Family – Karen Kingsbury
- Fifteen Minutes – Karen Kingsbury
- Forever – Karen Kingsbury
- Forgiven – Karen Kingsbury
- Found – Karen Kingsbury
- Karen Kingsbury – Karen Kingsbury
- Karen Kingsbury Forever Faithful Collection – Karen Kingsbury
- Learning – Karen Kingsbury
- Leaving – Karen Kingsbury
- Longing – Karen Kingsbury
- Loving – Karen kingsbury
- Oceans Apart -Karen Kingsbury
- One Tuesday Morning, Beyond Tuesday Morning – Karen Kingsbury
- Redemption – Karen Kingsbury
- Remember – Karen Kingsbury
- Return – Karen Kingsbury
- Reunion – Karen Kingsbury
- Someday – Karen Kingsbury
- Sunrise – Karen Kingsbury
- Sunrise Series 2 – Karen Kingsbury
- Sunrise Series 4 – Karen Kingsbury
- This Side Of Heaven – Karen Kingsbury
- What Readers Are Saying About Karen Kingsbury Books
- When Joy Came To Stay – Karen Kingsbury
MUSIC BY HER
She wrote her first song with Gary Baker and Richie McDonald titled “Walls”. The song was featured on McDonald’s inspirational album titled “I Turn to You”.
Karen also wrote a song titled “Tell Me to Breathe” and it was included on the album “I Can Do This” by Marie Osmond.
She has a Christmas song written by her and sung by country musician Richie McDonald titled “Miracles Happen”.
RELATIONSHIP AND MARITAL STATUS
She got married to Don Russell on July 23, 1989, and has three children. The couple later adopted three boys from Haiti.
She is worth $1 million – $5 million dollars as of this post.
LESSONS FROM HER LIFE
Don’t be afraid to be different. Her style of passing the message God has given her is different and she was never afraid to be different. Shalom!